An opportunity has arisen for a Fives Coach/Manager at the Westway Sports Centre, Latimer Road, West London.
Fives, (Eton Fives and Wallball) has made a lot of progress at this well-known Community Sports Centre and players of different ages and backgrounds are now enjoying the game, thanks to the energetic and dedicate efforts of the coaches. There is a substantial outreach programme towards schools and local clubs. The Eton Fives Association has given consistent support to Westway over the years.
Westway now needs a new Fives Coach/Manager from September 2014 to take this work forward. You will be involved both in coaching and in building up the numbers of players through outreach and the attraction of new players to the Westway club.
You will need:
- Great enthusiasm for Fives and an ability to coach both Eton Fives and Wallball (if you have do not have experience of both games, we will arrange a training programme for you)
- An ability to coach and enthuse players of all ages and abilities
- Willingness and tenacity in helping with the outreach programme and establishing a database of regular players
- Ability to collaborate with the other staff at Westway, to further establish Fives
- IT skills and organisational ability
You will need to be able to travel to the Westway Centre.
A job-sharing arrangement will be considered, if two candidates come forward which makes this viable. This will be a fixed-term contract in the first instance with the possibility of a longer term appointment.
For further information and to apply please contact Gareth Hoskins by CLICKING HERE, giving details of your relevant background and stating why you are interested in the job.
If you are not interested personally in the job, but know someone who could be interested, please let that person know